Home of The French Marketplace

La joie c'est le partage
{ the joy is in the sharing }

Friday, January 30, 2009

The Laundry Room Chandy

I received several emails as well as a couple of comments asking to see my laundry room chandelier. Of course, I am so thrilled you have asked and are interested in seeing it so I thought I would go ahead and post a picture of it. The room is currently a shade of pale French inspired blue. I have been giving a lot of thought though lately, as to whether or not to paint the room in a pretty shade of cream or linen. I love the blue but after 2 years of it, I am thinking I need a change.
Anyway, back to the chandy...I got it from Freecycle. Have any of you heard of this oh-so-fabulous organization? It's wonderful! When I got it, the light was brass in color - just one of those builder grade lights that comes with a house. I got out the trusty spray can of white paint and gave it a few coats. Then, I hung the glass prism drops from it, and for a finishing touch, I added pearl Christmas tree garland to jazz it up a bit. And there you have it - the laundry room chandy - another fun trash to treasure project that cost under $5.00. Gotta love that!

Thank you all for asking about it! I appreciate your interest. Good night all and sweet dreams. Until tomorrow..

xo,

Kathleen

8 comments:

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

I love,love, love the chandy... it's a keeper for sure..
hugs ~lynne~

prof en retraite said...

Oh, it's gorgeous! I might even enjoy doing laundry if I had something like that to greet me!...Debbie

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Ohhh Kathleen,
Thank you so much for 'hearing me,' and showing photos of your Laundry Room Chandy. It is precious. {And so inexpensive, makes it all the more so!}

What a talented 'eye' you have, to "see" the possibilities. Therein lies the secret. Having that 'eye.' I fear mine is quite 'clouded.' And it makes me marvel, to see what other ladies can do.

With luck, visiting in such on-line-journaling places ~ some of that 'eye' will rub off on me. :-)
I can hope!

Aunt Amelia
"Black are my steps on silver sod;
Thick blows my frosty breath abroad;
And tree and house, and hill and lake,
Are frosted like a wedding cake."
~ Robert Louis Stevenson, "Winter Time"

cityfarmer said...

Now this would keep me washn'!!!

Design Ties said...

What a wonderful project!! It's amazing what you can do with some imagination and creativity :-) And a can of spray paint!! ;-)
I love seeing pretty light fixtures in rooms where you don't normally see them. They're an unexpected way to really dress up a space :-)
Great job!!

Kelly (one half of DesignTies)

Olive Rue said...

I love it. And I can't believe you did this for under $5.00. You always find the best stuff and have the best DIY projects. I gotta get you to GA and take you with me when I go junking!

Judy said...

Hey Kathleen! I can't remember if I've left you a comment or not but I recently discovered your blog and love, love, love it! Can you PLEASE show your entire laundry room cause any room with such a wonderful chandy has just got to be out of this world!

BTW, I love your name...that's my mom's name and my daughter's middle name.

Hugs!
Judy

Cindy J. said...

Oh Kathleen I love this. This is so funny because I have been searching every where for pale turqoise beads to add to my old chandelier. I haven't had any luck within my price range and I did check out Christmas garland. I would love to use some sort of turqoise stone bead, kind of a tiffany blue. I found some but I would have to mortgage my house! You are one creative heart. I just love what I see here and I will be back to see all of your posts another day when I have more time. Hugs, Cindy