Home of The French Marketplace

La joie c'est le partage
{ the joy is in the sharing }

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Bedroom Inspiration

image courtesy of Country Living
So, have you read the latest issue of Country Living yet? It's the December/January issue and I loved it. I read it cover to cover. Several times actually.
So anyway, the article about the Tiemann Family's White Holiday Home is what inspired our bedroom makeover. Well, actually, it inspired the colors. I had already decided to do the room. I was just looking for a little color inspiration. This was it. I loved the color so much I just had to do it. Of course, I got a sample can first because you know how it is...sometimes a color on a magazine page isn't always the same when you get it on the wall.
In this case it was perfect! It's called Alaskan Husky by Benjamin Moore and I am in love with it. It's the perfect white and gray and very pale blue, all wrapped up in one color.
So far, I've got the walls painted and I've painted one dresser. The dresser is a creamy white to match the other dresser I did here. I have a night stand to paint tonight and then tomorrow I will hopefully put the room back together.
Until I get it all finished up and have photos to share, I will leave you with my inspiration room courtesy of the Country Living website.

image courtesy of Country Living Magazine

Until then...

xo and God Bless,

Kathleen

3 comments:

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

So funny - I'm going to be paining a new center aisle soon and I just looked up that color a couple of hours ago. Looks so nice! I think it will be a contender. I really loved this latest issue of Country Living. Can't wait to see your projects.

Martha said...

OoooLaLa! I love a great 'before and after'!!

Blondie's Journal said...

Your inspiration picture is beautiful...I love the paint color. I also would love to curl up in that lovely bed!! ;-D

XO,
Jane