For the most part, the room is finished, however after looking at the photos, it needs something else. Funny how a photo will do that isn't it? Truth revealed through the lens. I'll tweak it a little here and there and then we'll see.
So anyway, before I show you the before pictures, I feel I must provide the following disclaimer:
The before photos of this bedroom that you are about to see are beyond hideous, outdated and well, just plain ugly. The color was named "Old Gold" and believe me, it was old and it was gold! Also, I almost forgot to take before pictures until I was well into the throwing around and moving of stuff, so the room is a huge mess! I assure you, I don't make it a habit of keeping our room in a state of disarray with clothes all lying about. It just so happens that I had already begun to tear apart the room before I remembered to take the pictures. But that's okay, better to keep it real! So, without any further adieu....
See? I told you. I had already started to remove the curtains, move the furniture etc...
The wall color is Alaskan Husky by Benjamin Moore.
I painted my husband's dresser in a creamy shade of white and then went back and sanded the edges to distress it a bit. Then I went over it with a mahogany stain which I applied and quickly wiped off. I painted the hardware black.
Below is the nightstand...
I painted it exactly like the dresser. I was going to paint the bed as well, but then decided to leave it as is. I thought that the bed and the television armoire would look better in their original stained wood finish. After looking at the photos though, I may go back and paint the bed too. I have to think about it. The armoire will definitely stay as it is though. The wood is too pretty to touch on that one!
The lampshades were originally plain white but I added black ribbon to the tops and bottoms of them to dress them up a bit.
An old, vintage fan that I found years ago at a flea market. I added it to the top of husband's dresser along with a miniature globe.
Here is my dresser that you may remember from this post. I liked the way the black handles looked on the nightstand and husband's dresser, so I took the hardware off of this dresser and painted them black as well.
So there you have it! The finished room. Thanks for joining me in the makeover reveal! I'm sure I'll be adding a few things here and there...such as putting the rest of my photos in the frames - I'm guessing you probably saw some empty frames scattered about - haha! The printer ran out of ink :)
Have a great weekend!!
xo and God Bless,