Home of The French Marketplace

La joie c'est le partage
{ the joy is in the sharing }

Friday, January 3, 2014

All Because of a Burlap Lampshade


While in the Salvation Army thrift store one day, I came across this burlap lampshade.
I loved it but walked away because really, where was I going to put it?
But then, like I usually do, I walked back over and picked it up. There were lots of lamps just a couple of feet away from this beautiful shade and surely I could look through them and find the perfect one right?



I found it.  I had to look past the orange though and imagine it with a makeover.
{pardon the mess on the table}


I painted the lamp and then added the shade. 
Perfect!  Just how I had imagined.

I put it in our bedroom.  It fit right in with the new makeover in there.  I promise I will show you the room but there is just one more big project that must be completed before it will be "finished."

I will give you a tiny peak into the room though.
Here is my dresser.  Also a 
Salvation Army find that got a French makeover.


The color I was talking about?  You can see a tiny bit of it here to the left of the dresser and also in the photo above...behind the lamp.

I love the color and will tell you all about it in another post!

Have a great day!!

xo and blessings,
Kathleen


9 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Kathleen,
Thanks for coming by my blog now I have found you. Love your blog and have become a new follower.
Happy New Year. I cannot wait to visit more in 2014.
Kris

Barbara Lilian said...

You really do have an eye for turning other peoples junk into something fabulous. Love the lamp & the dresser makeover. I'm still struggling with Annie Sloan chalk paint. Everyone who uses it seem to think it's easy, I must read up on it & take a few tips from you.

A Paris Flea said...

Great job on the lamp, that shade would of been hard to pass up. Can't wait to see more of that lovely dresser!!!

Charm Bracelet Diva {at Home} said...

I would have done exactly the same thing! That lamp shade is gorgeous. The lamp looks great, what kind and/or shade of paint did you use? It looks like matte (which I love), is that hard to achieve over a glossy porcelain finish? Your walls look gray, my new obsession in pinning (gray rooms!)xoKathleen

Heart Vintage Design said...

I love the way it turned out. Congrats on seeing past the orange!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I'm glad you saw past the orange. It's beautiful now. Love that dresser too!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

The lamp is beautiful as is the peek at your room! I'm almost done with my makeover!

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

WOW- good job, love your making things perfectly awesome at a frugal price. Makes it twice as nice.

Well done, love it.

Andrea Bennett said...

The lamp looks great!I love the transformation from orange to white :). I've started following your blog.

http://cocodrizzle.blogspot.com