Home of The French Marketplace

La joie c'est le partage
{ the joy is in the sharing }

Monday, October 18, 2010

Dollar Store Craft~Candy Dishes

If you're like me, you probably love these!

Funny thing though....I love these little pumpkins, but the candy corns...not so much. I don't know why. Aren't they made of the very same thing? My husband is exactly the opposite, he likes the candy corns but not the pumpkins...oh well, to each his own!

So anyway, I needed a cute place to stash them and I've seen lots of people making the glass vase/candle holders using candle sticks and hurricanes from the dollar store. I thought it was such a great idea so I jumped on the bandwagon and did it too. Only, I put my candy in there instead of a candle. I figure when Christmas comes, I can easily change it out and put something Christmas-y in there instead.

I went to the dollar store {love that place} and picked up some glass hurricanes, candle sticks and crows...can't forget the crows!

and got to work gluing the hurricanes to the candle sticks. What did I do with the crow you ask?


Look at this! I made a countdown to Halloween pumpkin. I put the crow on top along with some black painted and glittered leaves. I tucked in a piece of chalk and voila! Instant cuteness! I cannot take credit for this idea though. I saw it here.
Heather at Paper Princess Chronicles has tons of really cute ideas over on her blog. This was one of them and I couldn't wait to make one of my own. I just sprayed an orange foam pumpkin that I got at Walmart with chalkboard paint and then started counting down the days to trick-or-treat! The kids love it!
~~
Have a great evening.
xo and God Bless,
Kathleen

7 comments:

Seawashed said...

That is so cute. I haven't seen those crows at our dollar tree. Hmmm, I may have to jump on my beach cruiser and peddle down there tomorrow.

Bonnie said...

Hi Kathleen, I like both of the candies! Your halloween table decor is so pretty. I'm going to get out my halloween decor and add a round glass bowl/dish to make something similar! Thank you for the inspiration! I will check out your friend Heather's blog too... thank u!!! :)

Pam @ Frippery said...

Crows are my go to Halloween decoration! That all looks adorable! Thanks for sharing, Pam

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love these ideas! I guess I'll be headed to the dollar store myself. Your banner is so cute!
Brenda

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hi Kathleen...what a great post...and I LOVE your new header too! Hope you are well! x0

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Kathleen,
How was I not following you?! Thought I already was, but I am now!!! I love your fall inspired decorations! I got the black birds from the $ store too- they had some really great stuff this year! I love how you used the hurricanes & the chalkboard pumpkin is fabulous! :)

Bobbi said...

Love your blog, I just found it today. I love love love your babys room! Come decorate my house! I'm in love with beige! I also have a son with special needs and a baby. Well, I have a 12 year old girl too, but she is not what we have in common, lol. You know what I mean. Come check out my blog sometime. www.mixedblessings4.blogspot.com