Home of The French Marketplace

La joie c'est le partage
{ the joy is in the sharing }

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Another Fun Pillow Project for You

I have decided to start the laundry room re-do next month. That way, I'm not rushed to get it done before Easter, and I have a free week in mid-may that will be perfect to use to work on it. In the meantime, I have another fun little pillow project to share. Yesterday was a very rainy day so it quickly became a perfect sewing day. I pulled out my cotton and my burlap stash and got to work. I decided to use a fleur-de-lis stencil and some black fabric paint for this project. I used the unbleached cotton (a.k.a. linen on the cheap) for two of the pillows and burlap for the third. I just stenciled the design, let it dry thoroughly and then sewed the panels into pillows. Stuff it with your fluff of choice and sew it shut.
And there you have it - instant French decor!
I hope everyone is enjoying this spring Saturday morning. Have a blessed weekend!

xo,
Kathleen

20 comments:

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

I love fleur-de-lis anything! I think I will try your project - so lovely! Linda

bj said...

Those are amazing...can't wait to try it....

Anne Marie said...

so very cute...I have wanting an excuse to use the fleur-de-lis too :)

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

How simple and how lovely!

Stephanie said...

This I can do. And it looks like fun. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lisa said...

So cute! I'd nearly forgotten about stenciling on fabric! Thanks for the reminder. Now where DID I put those stencils...?

Sherry said...

Easy, simple and elegant. What a wonderful way to make the most of a rainy, indoor day!

Blue Muse said...

Gorgeous pillows, Kathleen! the fleur-de-lis is such a graceful and perfect choice! Love it!
xo Isa

Maison Douce said...

Wonderful project! Thank you for the inspiration!!
Isabel

My Galveston Cottage said...

I'm inspired! I am going to do this -- sew up some pillows. Yours look fab! thanks for sharing, -susan

janet said...

oh my gosh i wish i had a sewing machine, these pillows are awesome!!! oh the sky would be the limit. Is there anyway of doing pillows without a sewing machine?
hugs
janet

Musings From A French Cottage said...

Hi Janet,
Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comment! I think you just might be able to try these without a sewing machine. You could hand sew them with a needle and thread - or for a quicker version, maybe you could try using iron-on fusible webbing. I hope this helps! Have fun with your project.
xo,
Kathleen

Fabulously French said...

They look great, you are such a clever girl :-)

Bonne semaine

Leeann

Jeanne Oliver said...

These turned out beautifully!

Seawashed said...

You really are creative. These are my favorite yet. I think you you could make a little business out of these wonderful pillows you make!

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Kathleen... you have outdone yourself with these!!! Wow.. I just love them,talk soon!!

Kari said...

Amazing! I agree - you should start a business. If only I could sew...

sweetly lovely afternoon said...

I love the simple elegance of this design. The fleur-de-lis is such a classic symbol and you used it beautifully.:)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Country Livin' said...

I love this simple idea........I recently got a couple of old burlap sacks from my neighbour that fit my pillows perfectly. Then I saw your post and thought what a great idea and found my fleur de lis stensil and voila, it transformed my sofa..........thanks!
Trish