Home of The French Marketplace

La joie c'est le partage
{ the joy is in the sharing }

Friday, January 22, 2010

All Ready For Baby...A Peek Into the Nursery

Yes!! It's finished and I couldn't be happier. I love when a plan comes together. It all started with a fabulous French Provincial hutch (yes, the one that I mentioned previously) that I wanted to use as a dresser/bookcase/toy shelf. I wanted this room to have a timeless, French feel to it.

I found the hutch on Craigslist back in October and knew immediately that it would be PERFECT for the room!!! I was torn as to whether or not to paint it but I think I will leave it as is for now.
We were going to reuse the same crib that all of the boys used but someone whose name I won't mention decided to climb inside and wheeee...use it as a trampoline. I'll give you a hint...he's the oldest of the three. Anyway, he broke the bottom out of it and therefore a new crib was in order. It arrived the other day and was assembled yesterday. The fabulously girlie tulle crib skirt arrived last week and goes perfectly in the room.

So, here's the infamous hutch that started it all. I simply love it! I found some vintage picnic baskets last year that will hold extra blankets and/or toys so I stacked them at the foot of the crib. Pardon the candle tart sitting on top of them - courtesy of little"D"

Another shot of that hutch - see the Eiffel Tower on top? Love it!!


Here is a pillow that I made. It looks cute in the crib for now but of course I'll remove it once baby arrives. I made it with some linen and vintage lace that I had in my fabric stash and then finished it off with a monogram.

Here are some Maude Humphrey (I love her) prints that I bought years ago thinking maybe some day...
I found some frames from Hobby Lobby that I painted to match the room and then framed, matted and hung all of the prints.

Pretty as a princess sign...

lamps...

and finally, we have a French jardin box of roses and the most important thing in the room...a bible.

Are you detecting a vintage, French theme to this room? Good, that's just what I was hoping for.
I know this was a long post with lots of pictures so thanks for sticking with me to the end! Hope you enjoyed the nursery. Have a great evening!
xo,
Kathleen

23 comments:

Nancy said...

Every detail is perfect and filled with love... Now you are ready for you Princess. Praying for a beautiful delivery.

Judy said...

What a darling room. Our son and his wife are expecting baby #2 in August and my mind is already spinning with ideas for boy/girl, can't wait until we find out (we're hoping for a boy this time).

Great job on the baby room.
Judy

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Simply lovely ~ such a sweet room for your new little one!

Eileen said...

What a beautiful nursery! The room just radiates comfort and love. And that hutch is fabulous. :) Blessings on your impending arrival.

BonjourRomance said...

You've done a fabulous job on the nursery - your little one will be so happy. You've thought of everything, and as you say the most important thing is the Bible.
Bon weekend!

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Kathleen, what a precious nursery!!! So welcoming for your new bundle of love ~ There's nothing more wonderful than decorating for a baby....xxoo, Dawn

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

Love it!! Gorgeous!
My girly has a french hutch in her room too!
Blessings!

DustyLu said...

Stunning, dreamy, perfect! love it all. just stumbled upon your blog! love it ! lulu

EnchantedBella said...

OMG your babies room is absolutely beautiful. You did a wonderful job.

Caroline said...

What a beautiful room for a little princess. So glad I stumbled on your blog. I know I've been here before but I am going to become a follower if I am not already! I found a similar hutch that I painted white last summer. However it looks perfect in a little girls room, what a great idea.

Jo said...

It's beautiful! The hutch is just perfect and the possibilities are endless. Love the tassel.

Jo

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

This is a nursery fit for a Queen!

savvycityfarmer said...

this is perfect ... you've waited a while to be able to do a girls' room, I'm sure ....PLEASE let us know when SHE arrives.

this IS bliss, and so are baby girls

Kathleen Grace said...

this room is enchanting! i love the hutch and the colors are soothing and pretty. I would love to spend time in a nursery like this, and finished just in time:>)

vanilla143 said...

The hutch is exquisite! What a joyful find! And it has driven your imagination to create a lovely space.

Martha said...

Oh, it's sooo sweet! Love it!

Cheryl said...

What an absolutely beautiful nursery. I love that you wanted it to be timeless. It is beautiful enough for a baby, but also beautiful enough and not themey...baby themey that you would have to redo it in a couple of years. I love all your little details right down to the Bible. What a sweet place to bring baby home to.
Thanks for sharing.

asouthernsunset said...

What a beautiful room for your precious baby. It is soothing and so lovely. Our newest little grandaughter has a pretty room with a touch of French design, as well.
Yaya

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty room. :) A little girl's haven.

Melissa Miller said...

~WOW! This is hands down the most lovely and elegant baby girl nursery I have ever seen. It's just breathtaking down to every last detail. I adore the soft colors and the furniture. ~Beautiful!

Many blessings to you and the new baby. ~Warmly, ~Melissa :)

Rae Nolt said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL ROOM! Just perfect for a baby girl! I'm a new follower and love your blog! I'm due to have a BOY in March!

Christine said...

Oh My Goodness, this room is so so so precious! I have two boys myself and am always in such envy of the girly nursery's. Your did a wonderful job, and thanks for giving me a bit of hope in the girl department:) Have a great night! Christine :D

Joy said...

This is soooo pretty, the hutch is fantastic and why not use it in the baby's room? Great job.