Home of The French Marketplace

La joie c'est le partage
{ the joy is in the sharing }

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Paper Cone Wreath

Remember the project I told you I was working on using sheet music? Well, here it is! I saw this for the first time in early spring. Someone found it somewhere else and showcased it on their blog. Unfortunately, for the life of me I can't remember where I saw it first. I did however see another one on another blog here. Anyway, I tucked the image of the wreath away in my memory so that one day, I could try to make one too.
Then, more recently, I saw in Romantic Homes magazine where they published Lidy's directions on how to make a paper wreath. I remembered my desire to try to make one of my own, only I wanted mine to be made out of cones instead of rolled paper - just like the one I first saw.
So, I got to work.

Here is how I made my version of the wreath:

First, you're going to need to gather a few supplies. You'll need the following:

sheet music
ribbon
something decorative for the center medallion
(I just used my paper circle punch to punch out scrapbook paper)

floral pins

styrofoam disc


The first thing you'll do is make lots and lots of paper cones.


Once you've made the cones, start placing them on your styrofoam disc and attach with floral pins.
I started by placing them at the 12, 6, 9 and 3 o'clock positions on the circle

then you begin filling in the empty spaces

keep filling...

and filling. They don't have to be exact or perfect. Just randomly place them wherever you see an empty space.


After you're all finished placing the cones, flip the whole thing over and use a floral pin to attach a ribbon to the back of the foam for hanging


Now, flip it back over the right way and add a medallion to the center. This will cover the area where all of the cones intersect and it will hide all of the pins. I just used a hot glue gun to glue it in place.

Great!!
You're all finished and now you're ready to hang your wreath wherever you desire!
I put mine in front of the antique mirror hanging above our fireplace. It goes nicely with the fall decor and I think it will work with greenery and mercury glass at Christmas too! All I'm missing now is the burlap banner that's in the works. More to come on that later.
~~~
Happy creating ~ I hope you enjoyed this little project!
~~
xo and God Bless,
Kathleen
~~~
I'm linking up with Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
and
Kathleen at Faded Charm for White Wednesday

22 comments:

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

I love those!
I've seen a few on other blogs and like you keep saying "Some Day"...
Except your day has come!
Great Job...Love the Music idea!
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Amy Kinser said...

Your wreath looks great! Glad you got it done.

Kathleen Grace said...

This is beautiful! I have seen several different versions and I love them all. The creamy paper with music or words is just a beautiful medium!

Judy said...

Thank you for commenting on my demijohn...aren't they gorgeous? I saw your sheet music wreath earlier this morning and I'm adding this to my "someday" folder...although I doubt I'll have the patience nor will it turn out as pretty as yours!

BTW, love your name, it's my mom's name as well.

Hugs!
Judy

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

very creative of you! pretty! thanks for sharing. have a great weekend!
xo
fitty

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

How wonderful ~ thank you for the tutorial, you've made it look so easy! I must make some for my booth for the holiday season!!

Yavonne said...

Wow, I have to do this!!

Thanks for sharing how you did it. That makes it less daunting to try.

My Southern Front Porch

Lacey said...

Ooo I've been seeing these around a lot of places lately! Great job! Thanks for the tutorial! I can't wait to make my own!

Merana Leigh said...

Ooooo, I'm thinking how fun this would be with scrapbook paper (that's on sale!) either in fall colors (or seasonal) or even all different kinda like a patchwork quilt! Can't wait to come up & see it. Hugs ~ Merana

Cindy said...

Your wreathe is beautiful, this is the style that I have been wanting to make, I think it will be lovely for Christmas. I want to use all Christmas sheet music.
Thanks so much for the tutorial.
Hugs, Cindy

Alaina said...

I like this variation of a paper wreath and thank you for showing how you made it. I am catching up on all my white wednesdays, have a wonderful weekend.

Burlap Luxe said...

Hi Kathleen,
How I love Ephemera paper and book pages!
You are on the same page as I am with loving this art!
Such a beautiful job! I sold a shell and paper wreath on my etsy! that was exciting to see the love of paper out there!

Love your photos and art designs!

Thank you for stopping by to visit and beautiful comment.
If you go back many posting you will se alot of my paper are as well as framed large paper art!

See you soon girl!
Keep inspiring that paper with us!
xoxo
Dore

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

Looks great and the tutorial is awesome...Like everyone else, this is added to my "someday" file...Maybe a fun project to do with my girls for the holidays.

Thnx for Sharing
Kelsie

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Thanks so much for the tutotial....Kathy

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

You did a great job. I love it!

Lydia said...

Beautiful job.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Beautiful wreath! I love it!!

I shared it on my Tatertots and Jello Facebook page and linked to you :)

xox
Jen

cleverlyinspired said...

LOVE THAT!!!!!!!
visit me at cleverlyinspired =)

Unknown said...

That is fabulous! Thanks for the tutorial. Definitely on my to do list now! ~Sheilla

Dear Lillie said...

Your wreath is beautiful and I love your blog!

Nan Burger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nan Burger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.