Home of The French Marketplace

La joie c'est le partage
{ the joy is in the sharing }

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

On the Bookshelf...

I ordered Romantic Prairie Style back in October and it just arrived last week. Let me tell you, it is a gorgeous book! I am really enjoying it. The homes featured are incredibly peaceful and serene.
~~~
I'm also reading Large Family Logistics by Kim Brenneman. Another wonderful book. While our family is not quite as large as Kim's, a couple of years from now, I know that I will look back and say "this is the book that completely changed my life." Everything that she writes about in this book is everything that I strive to be - only, I didn't know where to start. For example: organization. While my house is not total mayhem, there are many areas that need work. For instance, the kids' playroom. Major organization needed! There are so many projects, so many ideas of what I want to do and to accomplish. The problem is that there never seems to be enough time in a day. As I am reading Large Family Logistics, I am discovering that it isn't the amount of time that is available to me, but rather, the way that I am using my time. I am not as wise with my time as I would like to be and I am realizing how badly I need to write out a schedule for myself to keep on track. Homeschooling is another issue. It's something that I want to do, something that has always been on my heart, but I have been afraid that I wouldn't be successful at it. I'm finding out otherwise within the pages of this book. I'm going to use the remainder of this school year as well as the summer months to get myself on track and then we'll see where we're at toward the end of the summer. That is why I haven't been around much lately. I'm trying to work diligently toward my goal. I feel good about the direction that I am heading and confident that I will reach my goal.


I'm working toward calm and efficient but playful and welcoming too


lots of purging and sorting, keeping only the necessary. The things that really mean something to us.
I will reach my goal and become a better me at the same time too.
Wish me luck to persevere!
xo and God Bless,
Kathleen

1 comment:

COTTAG3 said...

Good luck towards reaching your goal! Organization is always a challenge to accomplish but once you do, it feels so good. I'm still working on it though.