Home of The French Marketplace

La joie c'est le partage
{ the joy is in the sharing }

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Beachy Touch to this French Cottage

I was reading through blogs yesterday and I found the coolest thing here. It was posted by Layla at The Lettered Cottage and I instantly fell in love. I really, really liked it a lot and was inspired to try to make one too. (Hope you don't mind Layla, it really wasn't my intent to shamelessly copy you. I just loved it sooo much :) Anyway, here is my finished sailboat. I liked the classic look of the ticking fabric and since I had some red ticking fabric left over from the making of my sofa pillows, I decided to use it instead of the blue that Layla had. I'm happy with how it turned out and it now sits proudly on my mantle. Thank you for the inspiration Layla!

Have a blessed day everyone!

xo,

Kathleen

8 comments:

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

That is just too cute!!! I love the red ticking, too. Thats a great little beachy touch to add to any decor. It screams Summer.

Thanks for sharing, Barb

janet said...

oh you did a fantastic job and i love ticking fabric, really adorable. Remember, copying is a form of flattery....lol
hugs
janet

Beach House Dreamer said...

Nice job on that sailboat. Love the rustic look. It's so perfect. It looks like you used some driftwood to make it?

Blue Muse said...

I love those little boats! The last photo is fabulous with it nestled in with old books and silver... YUM!
xo Isa

Maya@Completely Coastal said...

Love it! And your sailboat will be featured in my next "Bloggers Craft" part II post.

All The Sisters said...

Oh how very cute. I love that idea and just may have to try one myself.

white flower farmhouse said...

Hi Kathleen --

I'm Megan from White Flower Farmhouse, and I made the driftwood sailboat for Layla. They've been a great signature item in the shop for a couple of years -- and their popularity has been so rewarding! I'm so happy that you like the boat and were inspired to create one yourself! I hope it brings you much joy!

Take care,
Megan

Lettered Cottage said...

Oh how precious! I love the red and white! Fantastic job!

Layla