Home of The French Marketplace

La joie c'est le partage
{ the joy is in the sharing }

Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Perfect Rainy Day

it's been raining...all day
I kind of like that though. It's cozy and it's gray and therefore a very good reason to light those delicious smelling fall candles. I did a little fall fluffing around the house ~ which I will show you when complete.
~~~
I also had a little bit of time to pop into the local flea market. And when I say little bit of time, I mean little like - 25 minutes to peruse the whole huge place. That's not a lot of time considering the size of this flea market. But, that didn't stop me, AND my two little helpers came along - aged 3 and 7 months. Yes, we had quite a time. I just wanted to find Ironstone but my little 3 year old wanted to play with the antique fire trucks...yeah...not a good idea. Anyway, in just under 20 minutes...
I found this old book, and look...no cover...so wildly popular right now

two...yes 2 burlap coffee sacks {both for just 50 cents}

and YES, Ironstone too!!
All of this for just $5 ~ quite thrifty, no?
Be sure to come back tomorrow...I'm going to show you my yard sale furniture makeover I told you about here
Have a great day and stay dry if it's raining where you are!
~
xo and God Bless,
Kathleen

5 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Sounds like a wonderful day~ rainy, gray days are my favorites!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sounds like you had a very productive short shopping trip. Love the book and the coffee sacks are fantastic. Of course Ironstone is wonderful any time you find it. Love it all. Hugs, Marty

Amy Kinser said...

You got some great stuff for $5 in 20 minutes with two kids by your side.

Cheryl said...

Despite the rainy, wet day sounds like you enjoyed it anyway. You fared well at the flea market. Looking forward to seeing your yardsale furniture makeover.

she dreams big! said...

Why is it that we can always find oodles of stuff we like when we are pressed for time? If you had all day, you probably would have gone home with nothing! Love the ironstone, of course!

Thanks for visiting! Come again, 'kay?